GPO North
...in Central London.
GPO West - BT Centre
GPO North was built as the principal administration headquarters of the Post Office from 1894, and was sited between King Edward Street and St. Martin's-Le-Grand, Angel Street and Little Britain. It ceased to be the Post Office HQ in 1984, and has since been completely rebuilt within its original external walls. In the 1990s it was known as Nomura House, and is the home of Nomura International plc, who undertook its restoration. 


Photo: Nomura Centre. The next building on the left is BT Centre © LSA July 2010
| EXIT | GPO North | Nomura House | Blue Plaques |
GPO North

GPO North was built as the principal administration headquarters of the Post Office from 1894, and was sited between King Edward Street and St. Martin's-Le-Grand, Angel Street and Little Britain.



Nomura House
Nomura House  
Nomura House is the home of Nomura International plc, who undertook  restoration of the former GPO North building.


Photo: Nomura plaque © LSA July 2010
   
Blue Plaques  
Site of The French Protestant Church demolished 1888
Site of the French Protestant Church demolished 1888.




Photo: Blue Plaque on Nomura House © LSA July 2010


Site of The Bull and Mouth Inn demolished 1888
Site of The Bull and Mouth Inn demolished 1888.




Photo: Blue Plaque on Nomura House © LSA July 2010


Site of Northumberland House
Site of Northumberland House.




Photo: Blue Plaque on Nomura House © LSA July 2010