|Bloomsbury (30) London
The Cruciform Building was designed in 1896 by Alfred Waterhouse and built in the shape of St. Andrew's cross. It was completed in 1906 and used as the University College Hospital until 1995.
The University College London (UCL) then bought the Grade II listed building and £50M was spent on its renovation. It is now used by the biosciences and medical departments of the UCL.
See the University College London site for more details:
Compiled by Light-Straw